Grilled Fish with Herb Butter
Swordfish, Tuna or Salmon Steaks with a flavoured Butter
GF WF YF EF
- 4 Grilled fish steaks of choice
- Slices of flavoured butter of choice
- Parsley to garnish
Mint and Lemon
- 50 g (2 oz.) ¼ cup Unsalted butter combined with either –
- 4 tsp. Chopped fresh mint and 1 tsp. grated lemon peel.
Herb and Garlic
- 1 Clove crushed garlic, 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, lemon juice and black pepper to taste.
- 25 g (1 oz.) 1/8th cup anchovy fillets pounded to a paste.
- 25 g (1 oz.) 1/8th cup shallot peeled and blanched for 2 minutes then finely chopped.
- Small bunch of tarragon. Strip leaves from stalk, blanch for 2 minutes, drain dry and finely chop. Blend with butter and add black pepper to taste.
- 1 – 2 tbsp. of either chopped watercress or parsley mixed with 1 tsp. lemon juice and black pepper.
Put butter in a basin and mix in all other ingredients of choice. Once blended form into a roll and wrap in greaseproof paper and refrigerate. Slice when solid and place the slices of chilled butter over the grilled fish steaks and garnish with parsley.
Alternatively, serve the butter with grilled prawns or sautéed king prawns garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.