Korean Coconut Chicken
Korean Coconut Chicken WF GF EF YF
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 tsp. Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) Peeled & grated Root ginger
- 4 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 75 ml. (8 fl.oz.) 1/3rd cup Plain unsweetened live yoghurt
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Zucchini
- 225 ml. (8 fl.oz.) 1 1/3rd cups Coconut milk
- 100 g (3½ oz.) 1/3rd cup Coconut cream
- 2 heaped tbsp. Ground coriander
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Lime wedges for garnish
Dry fry the seeds over a low heat for 2 -3 minutes and then place in a coffee grinder with the turmeric and grind till powdery. OR grind in a pestle and mortar. Mix the spice mixture with the ginger, garlic and yoghurt in a bowl and then add the chicken cubes and set aside for 2 hours.
Heat oil and fry the onion until translucent. Add chicken mixture and sauté until chicken starts to brown and then add the rest of the marinade and the coconut milk, crumbled coconut cream and lime juice. Chop the zucchini into thin rounds and add to the curry. Simmer for a further 15 – 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Garnish with lime wedges and serve with brown rice.